TeamTRI Helps Bring the Most Trusted Source on Becoming a Better Leader to Students Everywhere
Over the course of the last two decades Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner have established The Leadership Challenge as the most trusted source on becoming a better leader. After conducting over two years of new research into the best leadership practices of thousands of students, best-selling authors Jim and Barry released in August 2008 The Student Leadership Challenge. This ground breaking new book adapts the proven leadership practices of exemplary leaders used by corporations, nonprofits, and government agencies around the world into practical tools that student leaders can apply in their leadership experiences.
Wiley & Sons, the publisher of The Leadership Challenge, has partnered with TeamTRI to bring The Student Leadership Challenge to the students we work with throughout North America. TRI has long used the leadership lessons researched by Jim and Barry in all our leadership development programs. This new content essentially provides students and those who work with student leaders a Bible on youth leadership development. With this new partnership TRI will be able to customize our leadership curriculum to be the companion “Daily Devotional” providing practical tools via our coaching, training, mentoring programs as well as the various academies, institutes, and camps we support each year.
One reason we are particularly excited about this new resource is that it fits so well with the new Personal Leadership Insight curriculum we co-designed with Rhett Laubach of YourNextSpeaker. With the demand for leadership at earlier ages growing and with the expense of getting students to conferences and events increasing, The Student Leadership Challenge and Personal Leadership Insight represent key ways for students, schools, and organizations to bring exceptional leadership tools in an affordable, compelling, and practical way to the local level.
Highlights of the new leadership materials include:
- The Student Leadership Challenge – 175+ page research driven book on the Five Exemplary Practices of Student Leaders
- The Student Leadership Practices Inventory – An online 360 degree evaluation tool for leaders and observers to provide feedback and surgically target leadership practices for growth and development
- The Student Leadership Practices Inventory Facilitator’s Guide – Workbook designed to help teachers/coaches mentor students who have taken the 360 degree evaluation
- The Student Leadership Practices Inventory Student Workbook – Designed to help students who have taken the 360 evaluation refine their practice and training based on the feedback from the online tool
- The Five Exemplary Practices of Student Leadership – Straightforward 10 page guide highlighting the 5 Practices of Exemplary Leaders and introducing methods and practices for improving personal performance
- The Leadership Challenge DVD – This 45 minute DVD highlights specific organizations who have integrated the 5 Practices of Exemplary Leaders along with commentary and leadership lessons from Kouzes and Posner along with “Leader’s Guide” for self-study or facilitating leadership development programs.
For more information or to order samples or development materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The first organizations to begin integrating the Student Leadership Challenge into their programs are FCCLA, FBLA, DECA, and HOSA.
TRI is excited about this new partnership, the tremendous opportunities for students, and the powerful new tools that youth developers can use to bring leadership to life for the next generation of leaders.
BACK TO THE LEADERSHIP STUDIO